Building up an impressive wardrobe consists of understanding two basic principles: 1. Invest in quality, timeless staples. 2.Splurge (or not) on trend items that may come or go. We want to begin to help you understand the difference between staples to invest in vs. a trend item to splurge on, so we’re going to begin to highlight some items that are totally worth the money, versus those trends worth skipping. Too often you buy things because they’re in front of you and it feels good right now, but if you plan things out, do some research (like reading Black Fox on a daily basis), you can end up with a really amazing closet full of clothes that you know, without hesitation, look good.
Let’s start with one of our favorite staples that every man needs in his wardrobe: the weekend bag. Or the duffel bag- call it whatever feels right to you.
I think that the reasons every man needs a great, leather weekend bag are pretty self explanatory, but if not, here are some main reasons:
- When you upgrade your wardrobe, you need to upgrade your packaging. The last thing your wardrobe deserves is to be thrown into a ragged, old gym bag. It’s offensive, honestly.
- As a man of Black Fox Style, you need to be ready for an adventure at any given moment. Having a great weekend bag means you know that you’re ready to go whenever life calls.
- Travel in style- always. You never know who you’ll meet while traveling, and making a lasting impression is crucial. You could meet the love of your life or your next business partner while walking through the airport. Look as sharp as you feel as you walk through the terminal with pride, knowing your weekend bag is speaking volumes about you.
- Investing in one made of real, quality leather means you won’t have to replace it anytime soon. If you play your cards right, your bag will probably even last you a lifetime. Look for a leather bag in a color like cognac (pictured above and below) or black leather. Make sure it’s big enough for 2-3 days of clothes and basic toiletries.
Now that you understand why you need one, here’s our favorite:
Mulberry- Clipper Leather Holdall
- Price: $1,750
- Color: Brown
- Size: Width: 20″ | Height: 11″ | Depth: 10″ | Handle Length: 6″
- Details: 100% leather | Metal elements engraved with logo | cloth stage bag, padlock and keys included
- Where to buy: Mr. Porter